Today’s business idea was recorded with the Google recorder app to try and see if my throughput in writing increases if I dictate the content by voice first. Today’s business idea: Basically a collection of different YouTube channel ideas.
The problem statement
You basically want to earn money with great ideas or your creativity. And here are some ideas around that. I always wanted to do something with music or generally producing something creative. Back in the days when I was around 12 there were those different Sound Creator tools like eJay or the Magix Music Maker with several gigabytes of sound samples and I fondly remember spending several Wednesday afternoons with my friend in front of the computer to “produce” music while we were off from school. I also used to like the different SingStar games on the Playstation a lot.
The proposed solution / business idea
One would basically create a YouTube channel where you cover very popular songs with non-conventional Instruments. For example, you could whistle or yodel an entire song. Or a cover of a song only with imitated chicken noises. Sounds silly but might be crazy enough to go viral, who knows.
A general behavior of popular videos I’ve noticed recently on YouTube is basically that video’s which are about some recent popular topic like some rappers or something else that recently made news gain much more traction and views. When I watch videos about watches I also noted videos including exotic brands like Audemars-Piguet in the title are getting disproportionally more views than others.
The potential upselling / side-effects
The following things could be added on-top of this idea:
- Monetization: Somewhat obvious, just show ads during the videos. Setup a Patreon for support outside of YouTube. Let supporters “order” new songs.
- Collaborations: Maybe your crazy chicken noises go so viral that somebody famous want’s to do a collaboration for an original song.
- Merchandise: Build a brand around it. Call your channel “TheWhistler” or “ChickenPopSongs” and print some T-Shirts/Mugs and the other popular merchandise.
There are some difficulties around the idea:
- To monetize a YouTube channel one needs around 1000 Subscribers and 10k views.
- Whistling and/or chicken noises might just not be that popular.
- I’m not fully up-to-date with YouTubes content policies nowadays and don’t know if a covered song is even allowed to be monetized or if it would get copyright claimed from the big and greedy music studios.
If you know a place, an app or company which already provides/implemented this business idea, please let me know in the comments. You like my idea and/or plan to start a company/app based on it and would like to make me participate, refine the idea, consult or own a stake? Please reach out to email@example.com.
3 Replies to “Business Ideas: YouTube Music channels”
1) cover cant be monetized
2) it doesn’t sound like a business idea, but basically a youtube/tiktok “trand”, which is not even an idea, but basically just what many users have done thousands of times
3) this is more a tip for you, writing ideas down on a blog are not copyright protected. The day you actually suggest something good, whoever can basically use this idea and owe you nothing
Thanks for stopping by. I know I wouldn’t own any of the ideas, I’d just hope for some human decency if someone directly gets inspired by my idea. Ultimately I’d love to see every single idea realized but I personally don’t have the time for it.